Friday, May 7, 2010

Finally Friday

So it's been a crazy busy week! I had my last dance competition this past weekend in Lakeland (close to Tampa). The girls did great. They worked hard this year and it paid off in the end. I took Trey with me-- he was such a trooper. He hardly slept at all (we are at the competition from 6am- midnight usually) and he didn't peep a word about it. He's such a good baby. Loves being held and played with by anyone. Just smiles and laughs all day. He's clapping now. It's so flipping cute. We say "Yay Trey!" and he giggles and claps. Love.
Matt had a big week. We- oops- I mean HE just finished his grad school. Finally. Two years have come and gone. I can't believe it. We only hope that the stress and deadlines will open some really exciting doors for his career.
Drake is turning into such a little boy. "Friends" from down the street came and asked if he could come out and play the other day. Matt and I just kinda looked at each other like- what do we say? Ultimately we said the kids could play in our back yard so that we knew they couldn't get into the street or get stolen (a parents worst nightmare!). I think Matt was more distraught than I. I was thinking- yes! Go play! I can get some things done! LOL. Matt said- "That's it. It's all over. We're never going to see him again!" Like he was off to college or something. Very fatherly. Very cute.
Drake is also starting Swimming Lessons on Saturday. And I feel bad. I lied. I did. I lied. I said he was three already so that he could be in the class where I don't have to get in the pool. Not because I'm not bikini ready- but because I think he'll do better in the pool without me. If I'm in the pool, then he acts scared and won't let go of me. But if he's in the pool with just kids (or anyone but me for that matter) he's fine. Besides. He technically turns 3 in a month. So it's just a white lie. Those don't count right?

No comments:

Post a Comment