Friday, May 14, 2010

Finally...Wait...it's Friday again?

I have no idea how it got to be Friday again. Another week has flown by and I have no clue where the time has gone. I have been subbing at the studio a lot for the past couple of weeks. All of the baby classes. 2-6 year olds. What an eye opener. I'm so thankful to have little boys! These girls are all little princesses who LOVE to tell me that I am doing everything wrong (Miss Lisa- their regular teacher- is Disney wrapped up in one person...that I am not!). I've come to terms with it though and am now just having fun with it. But seriously. Thank GOD for little boys. They may be dirty and rowdy and energetic...but at least there is no drama. Yet anyway =)

Matt had his State track meet last weekend. One of his guys got 2nd in the 110 hurdles WITH an injury. He's now headed to Nationals at Drake University. We are going up a few days before our summer vacation was supposed to start so that we can watch him run. Matt's very excited. Now that track is over (another blessing in my book), Matt is home a lot more and we are trying to teach Drake some new laws of the house.
1- We eat dinner together as a family. You must try whatever Mommy makes and you must ask to be excused. No, chocolate cake is not dinner (as much as Mommy disagrees!)
2- You must sleep in your own bed. This is definitely going to be a work in progress.
3- Wait. We are still trying to do 1 & 2...baby steps.

Drake started swim classes last Saturday. I was so worried that he wouldn't get in the pool without me, but ALAS! He was the only one who got in the pool at all! One mother was so determined to get her daughter (ahem, daughter) into the pool, that she got in with her. WITH HER CLOTHES ON. That was a determined mommy. It made no difference. The little girl still screamed her head off. I was a very proud mommy that morning.

Trey has all of his teeth coming in at the same time. I can literally see them all trying to push through at the same time. I feel so bad for him. That's got to hurt. He's also all over everything. And not sleeping. I remember Drake going through this though too...so hopefully it's just a phase. Words with Friends (app on iPhone) and Suduko get me through nighttime feedings. What did I do before my iPhone??

Last, but not least, we...I mean Matt is done with Grad School. We had a fun surprise dinner with friends last weekend to celebrate. It's so nice not to have to worry about homework and quizzes and tests again!

Here are a few photos I've touched up and added my flair too...thanks Missy V. Starr for the great website and tips!











No comments:

Post a Comment