Friday, April 30, 2010

We've got Teeth!

Trey bird FINALLY had some teeth break through. He's been snotting and cranky for a couple weeks now, so I figured it was coming....and sure enough, this morning we have two new beautiful bottom teeth! He won't keep his mouth open long enough to get a picture, but as soon as I do, I'll post the pics.

We've had quite the fiasco going on around here. As you know, we had the pool cage rescreened and have been working on the boys' bathroom. On top of that- our air conditioner finally died. I was terrified. Where were we going to get that kind of money to replace the system? Our money tree in the backyard wasn't blooming as well as I'd hoped this year =)
Anyway, knowing people helps so much. A friend of a friend ended up installing one on the sly for less than half the cost of having a air company come in and do it. We are now officially broke...but cool. Now Matt will stay cool (and calm) this summer. We all know how grumpy he can get when he's hot. And hungry. But that's another blog entry in itself.

I have a dance competition this weekend in Lakeland (near Tampa). I'll be taking Trey with me (Matt doesn't do overnights until they are 1- just another thing I'll be talking about in my book!) but Drake will be staying home for a fun filled Daddy/Son weekend. Matt thinks it's time for Drake to get out on the golf course. We'll see!

The bathroom is still in progress. I'm 3/4 of the way done...it's such a transformation...and an easy one at that! I thought I'd need thousands of dollars to make it look up to date and fresh....but it turns out I'm doing it with just over $100! I can't wait to finish it, just need to find the time!
Speaking of time, I had hoped that being a work-at-home mom would give me more time in the day. Turns out there's still only 24 hours to work with. Everyday I'm shocked when I see it's 5:00 on the clock. Most days I have no clue where the day went. I definitely work harder now than I ever did working full time. The good news? I wouldn't trade it for the world =)

No comments:

Post a Comment