Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The End of Summer....Really???

Well, here we are, at the end of summer...wondering where the time went. And begging for the craziness to stay away. Matt starts school Monday. Dance and Cheer are in full force. It's all a game of juggling. I'm seriously not ready for it all. I can't wait to start drinking caffeine again. One more month.
The boys are at full speed ahead- 24/7. With our summer being so lax, Drake has resorted to staying up later than me. No kidding. 11:00 has been a consistent bedtime for him lately. It's ri-dic-u-lous. I'm praying that once preschool starts, that all will change. Or I may lose it. He goes all day long. Nana, Poppy and Uncle Kyle got to experience the boys on their own for 2 days. They couldn't get out of here fast enough. They were exhausted and now understand why we can't answer the phone ever =) Trey has been walking for over a month now. Pretty close to running. Yesterday at cheer practice he was lifting 2 lb. medicine balls and walking with them. Watch out Drake. Trey's-a-comin'! He's into EVERYTHING. And he's fast. We turn our head for a second and he's climbing out of his high chair onto the kitchen table. Giving us his s***-eating grin that he puts on when he knows he's in trouble. I made Drake drink out of a cup today for the first time (I mean he's done it before, but it's so much easier to give him a sippy cup!). He started crying because he said he couldn't do it. I said- "Sure you can!" Lo and behold? He poured the whole thing down his front and yelled- "SEE!! I TOLD YOU SO!" It was too funny to contain our laughter. Kids. Gotta love em.




So as I said- we had a couple of days KID FREE! First time ever...it was amazing. No concerns. No worries. Complete relaxation. We headed to the Keys and parked it on the beach with Skinny Girl margs.  I can't remember the last time I was truly that relaxed.






We stuffed our faces at a Brazilian steakhouse and went scuba diving....


 Well. We tried to go scuba diving...we should have just thrown the $200 in the ocean and called it a day. I won't go into too much detail, but let's just say Matt took the most expensive boat ride ever and I mastered how to throw up in a regulator at 30 ft. below the ocean's surface.







Needless to say, it was fun to get away and fun to come back home to the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment