Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

So, we made it back. In one piece. Well, four pieces, but you know what I mean. We are back into our routines...the time change in Iowa did us all some good! The boys now sleep until 8:30 or 9:00 am every morning. It's amazing.
We've been hitting the waterpark a lot. And swimming in the pool. It's really so hot out it's hard to do anything outside that doesn't involve water. The dogs don't even like being outside. But we are enjoying A LOT of family time.
Drake and Trey are growing daily. I really can't get over how funny our kids are. I'm sure every parent says that, but seriously. They are funny. Drake has always been a little comedian, but the things that come out of his mouth these days...it's hard not to laugh. His obsession with Transformers continues. He has now memorized 75% of the lines in the Transformers movie. Everything in his day to day activities somehow relates to Transformers. Matt and I are seriously over it.
And Trey- he's only 10 months old- but he's naughty! Downright naughty. He's climbs on EVERYTHING. And out of everything. Out of the high chair. Onto the table. Up a chair. Onto the couch. He knows exactly what he's doing. He takes one look at us and laughs. And laughs. And laughs. He's smart too. He may be quiet- but he knows exactly what is going on. I can't wait to see what he grows up to be.
Anyway, Matt and I just had our 8th wedding anniversary. It's so crazy to think about where we started when I look at our lives today. I never could have imagined. We are headed to the Keys for the weekend (Nana and Poppy are staying with the boys and the dogs...first vacay away. Nervous....but oh so excited!!). We are going scuba diving for the first time in 3 years and 10 months. You mathmeticians out there can figure out why =) I am looking forward to just sitting. I told Matt that I might even get some noise cancelling earphones to enjoy my time away even more.



No comments:

Post a Comment