Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Been Awhile

I have no idea where the days have gone...each day seems busier than the last.
In my last post (yes, I KNOW it was a month ago. I'm trying here people!) I mentioned going on a Girls Weekend to Dallas. It was a blast. It was just enough time to get away and not miss everyone too terribly. The kids did great. Matt too. He actually left the house with both of them. I was pleasantly surprised. Drake had a hard time at bedtime and would call to tell me that he was "trying so hard not to cry" (enter sob). That broke my heart...as it would any other mother. But I knew he'd be fine after a good night's sleep. As an added bonus, I came home to a full head of hair on the Bird. Gail and I had a great time. We shopped till we dropped and then some. Lots of eating and great hospitality (thanks Kay and Dale!). I very much plan on doing it again next year. And the year after.  

The family took a trip to the Midwest for Thanksgiving. Matt got to go to 2...count them...2 Iowa games. Even if one of them was in 9 degree weather, he had a great time watching the Hawks in action. The boys got to experience their first trip to the Mall of America and thanks to Grandma Gail buying tickets to every ride there, they had a great time. The boys didn't mind the cold at all. In fact, Drake was very sad to leave. Makes me rethink this whole living away from family thing. Don't get me wrong. We love the life we've made for our family here, but every time we go back to visit, we are reminded of all of the benefits of living close to family.  Maybe someday we will all be in the same area...so start packing! Head south! =)

So the big news of the moment is Trey's upcoming surgery. Wednesday is the big day. We pray that all goes smoothly...hoping for the best. A mother worries about her children on a day to day basis. No one should have to go through the stress of worrying about a child's surgery. The doctor seems confident that all will go well. He says that the worst case scenario we'll see is that Trey will have a catheter for four or five days. What?! Have you met my child? My monster child that destroys everything? I can't even fathom trying to keep him away from a catheter. I imagine duct tape. Lots of it. Ugh. So we're hoping for his best case scenario...a cranky kid for a day or two. Please God. If you've ever heard a prayer...
We'll keep you posted =)

No comments:

Post a Comment